Winter Session of Karnataka Legislature from Dec 5
Bangalore: The crisis-ridden BJP government in Karnataka has decided to hold Winter Session of both Houses of the legislature in the newly built Suvarna Vidhana Soudha in Belgaum district from December five to 13.
The state Cabinet, chaired by Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar, decided to hold the nine-day session, the first ever at the new legislature complex, from December five, Minister for Primary and Secondary Education Vishweshwara Hegde Kageri told reporters here.
In a tactful move, the government decided hold the session during that period to "ensure" that none of the BJP MLAs, MLCs or its ministers attend the programme of launching of new political party by rebel leader B S Yeddyurappa at Haveri on December 10.
Distance between Belgaum city and Haveri is about 155 km.
Sources in BJP say the ruling party was thinking of issuing a whip to its legislators to ensure their presence during the session, indicating that the political show being held by Yeddyurappa did not have support.
Fuming over being "victimised" in the party, Yeddyurappa today made clear his future plans of floating a new party in December.
Last month, President Pranab Mukherjee declared open the newly constructed Suvarna Vidhana Soudha, positioned as the second legislature complex in Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon