Winter Session of Karnataka Legislature from Dec 5
Bangalore: The crisis-ridden BJP government in Karnataka has decided to hold Winter Session of both Houses of the legislature in the newly built Suvarna Vidhana Soudha in Belgaum district from December five to 13.
The state Cabinet, chaired by Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar, decided to hold the nine-day session, the first ever at the new legislature complex, from December five, Minister for Primary and Secondary Education Vishweshwara Hegde Kageri told reporters here.
In a tactful move, the government decided hold the session during that period to "ensure" that none of the BJP MLAs, MLCs or its ministers attend the programme of launching of new political party by rebel leader B S Yeddyurappa at Haveri on December 10.
Distance between Belgaum city and Haveri is about 155 km.
Sources in BJP say the ruling party was thinking of issuing a whip to its legislators to ensure their presence during the session, indicating that the political show being held by Yeddyurappa did not have support.
Fuming over being "victimised" in the party, Yeddyurappa today made clear his future plans of floating a new party in December.
Last month, President Pranab Mukherjee declared open the newly constructed Suvarna Vidhana Soudha, positioned as the second legislature complex in Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- China, Pakistan launch first joint border patrols near Xinjiang
- Mamta Kulkarni breaks silence to rebuff drug racket reports, says glamour does not tantalize her anymore
- India stands with Bangladesh in its fight against terrorism: PM Narendra Modi to Sheikh Hasina
- It's Marlon Samuels vs Virat Kohli: How two batting mainstays will decide the course of West Indies-India series
- I-T dept identifies 90 lakh high-value transactions without PAN; to seek details