Woman waves black flag at Sonia`s function
Tumkur: A woman on Saturday created a flutter at a function attended by Congress president Sonia Gandhi here by waving a black flag demanding reservation under SC category for her community.
As Gandhi began her speech at the 105th birthday celebrations of the head of Siddaganga Math Shivakumara Swami, the woman, a member of the Madiga Dandora community and seated among the audience, suddenly rose and waved a black flag.
The police immediately swung into action and evicted her from the venue even as some of her supporters shouted slogans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog