Woman who hired killers to kill her husband, arrested
Bangalore: A 25-year-old woman who paid `supari` through her lover to kill her husband, has been arrested, police said on Wednesday.
The woman was in an illicit relationship with a 21-year-old man, a final year engineering student, for the past one-and-half years and wanted to settle down with him after eliminating her 36-year-old husband.
She paid Rs 60,000 to her lover`s friend and three of his associates as advance for a Rs three lakh `supari` (contract) to kill her husband, who had opposed her extramarital affair.
On November 19 this year, they followed the victim in a car who was returning after dropping his two children to school on a two-wheeler, waylaid and killed him.
The six, including the woman, have been arrested, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown