Women Congress leaders seek dismissal of Shettar govt
Bangalore: A delegation of women Congress leaders today met Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj and urged him to dismiss the BJP Government for its "failure" to safeguard women and children from sexual exploitation.
The delegation, led by former minister Motamma, submitted a memorandum urging the Governor to direct the government to take steps to protect women from rapes and other crimes.
Motamma also urged that stringent laws be enacted to punish rapists.
Former minister Leeladevi R Prasad, former MP Bimba Raicker and others were part of the delegation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Vs Redmi Note 3: Check out the differences
- Attack on American University in Afghanistan leaves 13 dead
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside