Women Congress leaders seek dismissal of Shettar govt
Bangalore: A delegation of women Congress leaders today met Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj and urged him to dismiss the BJP Government for its "failure" to safeguard women and children from sexual exploitation.
The delegation, led by former minister Motamma, submitted a memorandum urging the Governor to direct the government to take steps to protect women from rapes and other crimes.
Motamma also urged that stringent laws be enacted to punish rapists.
Former minister Leeladevi R Prasad, former MP Bimba Raicker and others were part of the delegation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city