Women Congress leaders seek dismissal of Shettar govt
Bangalore: A delegation of women Congress leaders today met Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj and urged him to dismiss the BJP Government for its "failure" to safeguard women and children from sexual exploitation.
The delegation, led by former minister Motamma, submitted a memorandum urging the Governor to direct the government to take steps to protect women from rapes and other crimes.
Motamma also urged that stringent laws be enacted to punish rapists.
Former minister Leeladevi R Prasad, former MP Bimba Raicker and others were part of the delegation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29