Women Congress leaders seek dismissal of Shettar govt
Bangalore: A delegation of women Congress leaders today met Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj and urged him to dismiss the BJP Government for its "failure" to safeguard women and children from sexual exploitation.
The delegation, led by former minister Motamma, submitted a memorandum urging the Governor to direct the government to take steps to protect women from rapes and other crimes.
Motamma also urged that stringent laws be enacted to punish rapists.
Former minister Leeladevi R Prasad, former MP Bimba Raicker and others were part of the delegation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing