Women Congress leaders seek dismissal of Shettar govt
Bangalore: A delegation of women Congress leaders today met Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj and urged him to dismiss the BJP Government for its "failure" to safeguard women and children from sexual exploitation.
The delegation, led by former minister Motamma, submitted a memorandum urging the Governor to direct the government to take steps to protect women from rapes and other crimes.
Motamma also urged that stringent laws be enacted to punish rapists.
Former minister Leeladevi R Prasad, former MP Bimba Raicker and others were part of the delegation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- FIs can obtain self-certification via internet banking: CBDT
- Tata Communications Q4 net loss widens to Rs 205 crore
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2016: Private schools outshine govt schools in Delhi