Won`t allow JD(S) to come back to power: Yeddy
Belgaum: Former Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa on Thursday trained his guns on Janata Dal (Secular) led by former Prime Minister H D Devegowda and vowed to ensure that the party did not come back to power in the state.
Yeddyurappa said he would not allow the "father-son party", the JD(S), to come to power at any cost.
"I am floating a new party in December and will not destabilise the Jagdish Shettar-led government and will allow to complete its full term," he said speaking to reporters on the sidelines of inauguration of Suvarna Vidhana Soudha here.
Yeddyurappa, who had laid the foundation stone in 2009 as Chief Minister for construction of Suvarna Soudha, billed as the second legislature building in Karnataka, asked the government to hold 60 days of legislature session in a year split into two session here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...