Won`t allow JD(S) to come back to power: Yeddy
Belgaum: Former Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa on Thursday trained his guns on Janata Dal (Secular) led by former Prime Minister H D Devegowda and vowed to ensure that the party did not come back to power in the state.
Yeddyurappa said he would not allow the "father-son party", the JD(S), to come to power at any cost.
"I am floating a new party in December and will not destabilise the Jagdish Shettar-led government and will allow to complete its full term," he said speaking to reporters on the sidelines of inauguration of Suvarna Vidhana Soudha here.
Yeddyurappa, who had laid the foundation stone in 2009 as Chief Minister for construction of Suvarna Soudha, billed as the second legislature building in Karnataka, asked the government to hold 60 days of legislature session in a year split into two session here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?