Won`t allow JD(S) to come back to power: Yeddy
Belgaum: Former Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa on Thursday trained his guns on Janata Dal (Secular) led by former Prime Minister H D Devegowda and vowed to ensure that the party did not come back to power in the state.
Yeddyurappa said he would not allow the "father-son party", the JD(S), to come to power at any cost.
"I am floating a new party in December and will not destabilise the Jagdish Shettar-led government and will allow to complete its full term," he said speaking to reporters on the sidelines of inauguration of Suvarna Vidhana Soudha here.
Yeddyurappa, who had laid the foundation stone in 2009 as Chief Minister for construction of Suvarna Soudha, billed as the second legislature building in Karnataka, asked the government to hold 60 days of legislature session in a year split into two session here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what