Won`t allow JD(S) to come back to power: Yeddy
Belgaum: Former Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa on Thursday trained his guns on Janata Dal (Secular) led by former Prime Minister H D Devegowda and vowed to ensure that the party did not come back to power in the state.
Yeddyurappa said he would not allow the "father-son party", the JD(S), to come to power at any cost.
"I am floating a new party in December and will not destabilise the Jagdish Shettar-led government and will allow to complete its full term," he said speaking to reporters on the sidelines of inauguration of Suvarna Vidhana Soudha here.
Yeddyurappa, who had laid the foundation stone in 2009 as Chief Minister for construction of Suvarna Soudha, billed as the second legislature building in Karnataka, asked the government to hold 60 days of legislature session in a year split into two session here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'