Yechury flays PM for diverting people`s attention
Bangalore: CPI(M) politburo member Sitaram Yechury on Sunday alleged that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Home Minister P Chidambaram are diverting people`s attention from real issues by claiming that India is on the path of
development on par with the US.
"Manmohan Singh and Chidambaram are diverting people`s
attention from real issues by claiming the country is moving
on the path of development on par with America," he said at
the inaugural session of the 20th state-level CPI(M)
convention at Chikaballapur, about 50 km from here.
However, the CPI(M) leader did not elaborate on his
Coming down heavily on the UPA government, he said it has
lost crores of rupees due to 2G spectrum scam and failed to
recover its market value from licencees retrospectively.
The policies pursued by UPA government have only helped
the corporate world and made the rich richer and the poor
poorer, Yechury said.
"Until and unless income of the common man is increased,
there is no chance of any development in the country," he
He also criticised BJP for its "double standards", saying
the party was fighting for a strong Lokpal Bill, but reluctant
to appoint a Lokayukta in Karnataka. "This clearly shows BJP
is not keen on Lokayukta in the state," he said.
He alleged BJP had failed to initiate any development
programme in Karnataka as it is embroiled in various scams,
including the illegal mining scam.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference