Yechury flays PM for diverting people`s attention
Bangalore: CPI(M) politburo member Sitaram Yechury on Sunday alleged that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Home Minister P Chidambaram are diverting people`s attention from real issues by claiming that India is on the path of
development on par with the US.
"Manmohan Singh and Chidambaram are diverting people`s
attention from real issues by claiming the country is moving
on the path of development on par with America," he said at
the inaugural session of the 20th state-level CPI(M)
convention at Chikaballapur, about 50 km from here.
However, the CPI(M) leader did not elaborate on his
Coming down heavily on the UPA government, he said it has
lost crores of rupees due to 2G spectrum scam and failed to
recover its market value from licencees retrospectively.
The policies pursued by UPA government have only helped
the corporate world and made the rich richer and the poor
poorer, Yechury said.
"Until and unless income of the common man is increased,
there is no chance of any development in the country," he
He also criticised BJP for its "double standards", saying
the party was fighting for a strong Lokpal Bill, but reluctant
to appoint a Lokayukta in Karnataka. "This clearly shows BJP
is not keen on Lokayukta in the state," he said.
He alleged BJP had failed to initiate any development
programme in Karnataka as it is embroiled in various scams,
including the illegal mining scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown