Yeddy asks PM for total ban on iron ore export
Udupi (Karna): Karnataka Chief Minister BS
Yeddyurappa on Monday sought the intervention of Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh for a ban on export of iron ore from the
"India is the only country where illegal mining is being
carried out in almost all the states. There is an urgent need
for Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to intervene on this issue
of imposing a total ban on export of iron ore," he said.
Natural resources including mineral wealth must be
preserved and used internally for value addition, he told
reporters on the sidelines of a religious function at
Kuthyaru, near here.
"I have been stressing on this (ban on iron ore export)
since a long time including at the NDC (National Development
Council) meeting of Chief Ministers held at New Delhi",
Criticising opposition JDS and Congress for making
allegations against his government, he asserted it was under
their rule that all licences for mining were given.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh