Yeddy exempted from appearing before court
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Friday exempted Yeddyurappa and his family members from appearing before the Lokayukta court in pursuance of the summons issued to them in connection with alleged irregularities in awarding of contracts for the Upper Bhadra Project.
Justice H N Nagamohan Das also exempted Yeddyurappa`s two sons B Y Raghavendra and B Y Vijayendra, his son-in-law R N Sohan Kumar, Sahyadhrai Healthcare, the beneficiary of the alleged kickbacks and Naveen Shetty of R N S Developers who were awarded the UBP contract from appearing before the Lokayukta court on September 25.
Former Advocate General Ashok Haranahally representing Yeddyurappa submitted that the Lokayukta court had taken cognisance of the matter despite the Lokayukta police submitting a "B" report in the case, absolving the accused.
On May 26, the Lokayukta Court had rejected the report filed by the Lokayukta police in the case and the court had directed the Lokayukta police to probe the allegations against Yeddyurappa, Dhavalagiri Properties (a firm in which his two sons and son-in-la are the proprietors), Sahyadri Healthcare and Murdeshwar Enterprises and submit its report.
Hearing a criminal petition today filed by Yeddyurappa and Dhavalagiri Properties seeking quashing of the September 4 order of issuance of summons, the judge ordered issue of notices to JDS spokesperson Y S V Dutta and Lokayukta police.
Dutta in his complaint in the Lokayukta court had alleged that Yeddyurappa had received a Rs 16-crore kickback for awarding the contract for second stage of the Upper Bhadra irrigation project to RNS Infrastructure Limited and Jyothi Limited though the joint venture firm was the highest bidder.
On September 4, the Lokayukta court had also ordered issuance of summons to Yeddyurappa in alleged illegal denotification of lands at Bhadravathi in Shimoga district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!