Yeddy files petition seeking relaxation of bail condition
Bangalore: Former Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa has filed a petition in the High Court seeking relaxation of one of the conditions of the anticipatory bail granted to him in connection with an illegal mining case being probed by CBI.
He has sought relaxation of the condition according to which he should seek prior permission of the court if he has to travel out of Bangalore.
The petition filed yesterday is yet to be listed. The Supreme Court had on May 11 directed CBI to conduct a probe against Yeddurappa for "serious illegalities" in mining activities in which he allegedly misused his public office for monetary benefits by extending favours to mining barons and corporates.
The Karnataka High Court had on June 21 granted conditional anticipatory bail to Yeddyurappa in the case holding that the allegations in the CBI FIR are "not something new".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead