Yeddy files petition seeking relaxation of bail condition
Bangalore: Former Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa has filed a petition in the High Court seeking relaxation of one of the conditions of the anticipatory bail granted to him in connection with an illegal mining case being probed by CBI.
He has sought relaxation of the condition according to which he should seek prior permission of the court if he has to travel out of Bangalore.
The petition filed yesterday is yet to be listed. The Supreme Court had on May 11 directed CBI to conduct a probe against Yeddurappa for "serious illegalities" in mining activities in which he allegedly misused his public office for monetary benefits by extending favours to mining barons and corporates.
The Karnataka High Court had on June 21 granted conditional anticipatory bail to Yeddyurappa in the case holding that the allegations in the CBI FIR are "not something new".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi