Yeddy gets clean chit in one corruption complaint
Bangalore: In a relief to former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa, the Lokayukta police on Monday gave a clean chit to him in a private complaint that alleged irregularities by him in awarding an irrigation project to a private firm for pecuniary gains.
The Lokayukta police in its report submitted in the Lokayukta court declared that it found no evidence against Yeddyurappa after it probed the charges by JDS leader YSV Datta relating to the project in Upper Bhadra river area.
Lokayukta court judge NK Sudhindra Rao adjourned further hearing to February 23.
Investigating Officer DySP Girish S, in his report, stated that "there was no illegal favour found in the allotment of tender to RN Infrastructure Limited".
On October 26 last year, the court had directed the Lokayukta police to submit its status report within one month in the case filed against Yeddyurappa and his family members.
Datta had alleged that Yeddyurappa received Rs 13 crore kickback for awarding the second stage Upper Bhadra Irrigation project to RN Infrastructure Limited, though the firm was the highest bidder, ignoring the claims of the lowest bidders.
He had alleged that the firm had transferred the amount to Dhavalagiri Developers and Sahyadri Healthcare, owned and managed by Yeddyurappa’s sons and son-in-law.
Yeddyurappa, however, was granted anticipatory bail by the high court in the Upper Bhadra case.
Apart from this Yeddyurappa is facing six other private complaints accusing him of abusing his power as chief minister by ordering denotification of land acquired by the Bangalore Development Authority (BDA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack