Yeddy now says will return as CM in six months
Bangalore: Outgoing Karnataka Chief
Minister BS Yeddyurappa, who lost his job in the wake of his
indictment by Lokayukta in the illegal mining scam, on Tuesday
publicly said he would return to this post in six months.
68-year-old Yeddyurappa, who is the first BJP chief
minister of a southern state, made this remark at an informal
meet with state government officials.
Video footages beamed by TV channels showed one
unidentified official telling Yeddyurappa how it had been a
pleasure to work with him. And the BJP leader`s response was
that he would be back as the state chief minister in six
The remark by Yeddyurappa, who was forced to step
down on Sunday, set tongues wagging as to whether it was said
in jest or seriousness.
Yeddyurappa, who has been reportedly told by BJP
central leadership that he will have a say in choosing his
successor, has been solidly backing Udupi-Chikkamagalur MP DV
Sadananda Gowda for the CM`s post.
Yeddyurappa`s comments came on a day when he moved
the Karnataka High Court seeking quashing of the Lokayukta
report on illegal mining and questioned its recommendations to
prosecute him under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
Hours before Lokayukta Santosh Hegde demitted office,
Yeddyurappa, who is nursing hopes that he will be absolved of
all charges, simultaneously filed a petition with the
anti-corruption watchdog seeking a review of its report.
Yeddyurappa contended in the petition that the stigma
attached to him by his indictment would continue to haunt him
and pleaded for an opportunity to prove his innocence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department