Yeddy seeks divine help to ward off detractors
Tuticorin/Madurai: Facing opposition
onslaught over alleged land scams, Karnataka Chief Minister B
S Yeddyurappa, who sought divine blessings by taking part in a
yagna at a Tamil Nadu temple, asserted that he will complete
Yeddyurappa, who had been going through one crisis after
another in his two years in power, performed `Sathru Samhara
Yagam` to ward off troubles from detractors at the Lord
Subramanyaswamy temple in Tiruchendur in Tuticorin district
yesterday, temple sources said.
The chief minister, who recently emerged triumphant after
BJP leadership decided to allow him to continue after toying
with the idea of directing him to step down in the wake of
charges of nepotism in land denotifications, told reporters
that he performed the yagna "for the welfare of people."
JD-S leader H D Devegowda, whose son H D Kumaraswamy is
spearheading the campaign to oust Yeddyurappa, had performed
the yagna in the temple several years ago, they said.
Yeddyurappa claimed that he would complete his five year
term as chief minister and the same government would be in
office for next 10 years. In the past two years, nearly 1.2
crore people had benefited by way of welfare measures launched
by the BJP government, he added.
Later yesterday, Yeddyurappa offered prayers at the
famous Meenakshi Sundareswarar temple in Madurai.
He said ties between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu were
cordial and he was in regular touch with his counterpart M
"There are no differences between the two states and we
are having a very good relationship," he said.
The two neighbouring states are locked in a dispute over
sharing of Cauvery river water.
A frequent temple visitor and a generous donor,
Yeddyurappa announced Rs one crore grant for a guest house
being built by the Tiruchendur temple.
At the height of the political crisis last month when BJP
leadership contemplated removing him from his post Yeddyurappa
had rushed to Vaishodevi temple in Jammu to pray for his
continuance as Karnataka Chief Minister besides seeking the
blessings of Sri Satya Sai Baba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'