Yeddy should be given imp position in party: Gowda
Gulbarga: Karnataka Chief Minister DV
Sadananda Gowda on Sunday said former Chief Minister BS
Yeddyurappa should be given an important position in BJP.
"Yeddyurappa should be given an important position in the
party as he is a very senior leader," he told reporters at
nearby Chincholi, adding it was for the central leadership to
take a suitable call.
Gowda dismissed reports of dissension in the party and
said the March 3 core committee meeting at Delhi would address
Yeddyurappa had remained defiant after being rebuffed by
BJP President Nitin Gadkari at the `Chintan Manthan Baithak`
here yesterday in his bid to regain Chief Ministership and
said he and his followers would not attend a meeting convened
by him in Delhi on March 3.
He also said he would discuss the issues (apparently
referring to making him Chief Minister or giving a position in
the state BJP unit) with his supporters on Feb 27 and
thereafter convey the decision to the central leadership.
Gowda flayed the Centre`s "apathy" towards developing
backward Hyderabad-Karnataka region and said he would give
major thrust to development of this region in the state`s
"I will take a cue from Yeddyurappa`s agriculture budget
presented last year," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself