Yeddy to open office to ‘hear people’s grievances’
Bangalore: In a surprise move on his political future, former Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa will be setting up his own office in the city to "meet people and hear their grievances".
The office will be located at a building in Malleswaram area in the city which earlier housed BJP state office.
"The office will be declared open tomorrow. I will meet people and leaders whoever want to meet me here. Whenever I am in the city, I will be available in this office. The building was available for rent and I have taken it on rent", Yeddyurappa" said here.
Meanwhile Yeddyurappa has decided to vacate the Race Course road government office which had been his residence since 2006 after he became Deputy Chief Minister in JD(S)-BJP coalition and continued even after he had become Chief Minister.
Yeddyurappa, who was forced by BJP high command to quit as Chief Minister on July 31 last year, continued to stay in the house hoping to return to the post but his party leadership refused to entertain the demand for reinstating him as Chief Minister.
As per rules, any minister can continue his stay for three months after demitting office and in case of continuing in the same bunglow, he will have to pay rent at the prevailing market rates.
Yeddyurappa, according to sources close to him, will be shifting to his own residence in Dollar Colony on June one.
The decision by Yeddyurappa, against whom CBI has launched a probe in connection with an alleged illegal mining scam, to set up his own office has set off speculation about his next political moves.
Yeddyurappa had on May 14 announced that he had put on hold temporarily the decision to quit BJP and would decide on future course at an appropriate time.
Meanwhile, BJP leader Arun Jaitley and General Secretary Dharmendra Pradhan will be visiting the city tomorrow to defuse the crisis in the party in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report