Yeddy to open office to ‘hear people’s grievances’
Bangalore: In a surprise move on his political future, former Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa will be setting up his own office in the city to "meet people and hear their grievances".
The office will be located at a building in Malleswaram area in the city which earlier housed BJP state office.
"The office will be declared open tomorrow. I will meet people and leaders whoever want to meet me here. Whenever I am in the city, I will be available in this office. The building was available for rent and I have taken it on rent", Yeddyurappa" said here.
Meanwhile Yeddyurappa has decided to vacate the Race Course road government office which had been his residence since 2006 after he became Deputy Chief Minister in JD(S)-BJP coalition and continued even after he had become Chief Minister.
Yeddyurappa, who was forced by BJP high command to quit as Chief Minister on July 31 last year, continued to stay in the house hoping to return to the post but his party leadership refused to entertain the demand for reinstating him as Chief Minister.
As per rules, any minister can continue his stay for three months after demitting office and in case of continuing in the same bunglow, he will have to pay rent at the prevailing market rates.
Yeddyurappa, according to sources close to him, will be shifting to his own residence in Dollar Colony on June one.
The decision by Yeddyurappa, against whom CBI has launched a probe in connection with an alleged illegal mining scam, to set up his own office has set off speculation about his next political moves.
Yeddyurappa had on May 14 announced that he had put on hold temporarily the decision to quit BJP and would decide on future course at an appropriate time.
Meanwhile, BJP leader Arun Jaitley and General Secretary Dharmendra Pradhan will be visiting the city tomorrow to defuse the crisis in the party in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump Inauguration LIVE: US President vows to eradicate Islamic terrorism from the face of Earth