Yeddy`s son Raghavendra suspended from BJP for ‘anti-party activities’
Bangalore: Cracking the whip, BJP on Monday suspended Lok Sabha members BY Raghavendra and Shivakumar Udasi for "anti-party activities" as they had been identified with BS Yeddyurappa`s Karnataka Janata Party.
State BJP had been pushing for action against them, party sources said.
Their suspension comes just four weeks before the May five Assembly elections in Karnataka.
Raghavendra, son of Yeddyurappa, is MP from Shimoga and Shivakumar Udasi from Haveri, from where Yeddyurappa formally launched the breakaway party, on December 9 last year.
Shivakumar is son of CM Udasi, who served as a minister in the BJP government before joining forces with Yeddyurappa, along with then minister Shobha Karandlaje and some 10 MLAs.
CM Udasi is contesting from Hanagal assembly segment on KJP ticket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?