Yeddyurappa asks Shettar not to take unilateral decisions
Bangalore: Stung by the expulsion of a leader loyal to him from the party, disgruntled Karnataka BJP strongman BS Yeddyurappa Wednesday asked Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar not to take "unilateral" decisions or be prepared to face "consequences".
"I hope Shettar will not go the way of DV Sadananda Gowda (his predecessor) did. It seems there is a thinking that if I go out of BJP, they can continue the govenment with JDS support. I will not allow this even in their dreams", Yeddyurappa told reporters here.
Yeddyurappa`s remarks come a day after the expulsion of former Union minister Dhananjay Kumar from BJP for six years for his open outbursts against Shettar and the state leadership.
Yeddyurappa also flayed the decision of Shettar to allocate two additional departments to Minister for Municipal Administration Balachandra Jarkiholi, his known baiter, claiming it was done at promptings by JDS leader HD Kumaraswamy.
The two developments may worsen the differences in the badly divided BJP in Karnataka.
Yeddyurappa accused Shettar of taking "unilateral decision" without consulting him and other leaders and said, "If this continues, I should not be held responsible for the consequences". He, however, added, "We want Shettar to continue as Chief Minister till April next"
He sought to find fault with Shettar`s working and alleged that the situation caused by the drought was not being given due importance by the government.
"I will discuss with Cabinet ministers who are loyal to me and also with my supporters and decide on future course of action", the Lingayat leader, who has repeatedly talked about floating a new political party by December, said.
Yeddyurappa had forced BJP central leaership to sack Sadananda Gowda and replace him with Shettar in July.
He demanded that ministers loyal to him such as Sunil Valyapure, MP Renukacharaya, Narasimha Naik and Revnunaik Bilamagi be given additional portfolios.
On CBI filing a charge sheet against him and some of his kin in a graft case yesterday, Yeddyurappa said he had faith in judiciary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'