Yeddyurappa bail plea hearing adjourned to Oct 20
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Tuesday adjourned to October 20 the hearing on the interim bail plea
of former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa, arrested in
connection with alleged irregularities in denotifying
Justice BV Pinto adjourned the hearing on the
application filed yesterday by Yeddyurappa, who, facing
imminent arrest, had surrendered before the Lokayukta Court on
Saturday last after it rejected his bail application.
The judge rejected the plea by CH Hanumantharaya, the
counsel for the petitioner Sirajin Basha, for 20 days time to
file his objections to the bail plea.
Yeddyurappa`s counsel Ravi B Naik objected to this and
submitted that since it was only an interim bail application,
it should be heard as early as possible.
The Lokayukta court had on October 15 remanded
Yeddyurappa in judicial custody till October 22.
Yeddyurappa, against whom five private complaints have so
far been filed by Basha alleging irregularities in
denotification of government land, has been undergoing
treatment in the state-run Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology
for high blood pressure and chest pain since October 15.
Jayadeva Hospital Director Dr C N Manjunath told
reporters today that Yeddyurappa is likely to be discharged
from the hospital by this evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad