Yeddyurappa convenes Cabinet meeting on Nov 06
Bangalore: Beleaguered Karnataka Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa has convened a meeting of his Cabinet
on November 06 even as the crisis triggered by rebels seeking
his ouster showed no signs of abatement.
Yeddyurappa`s decision to convene the meeting came a day
after the BJP central leadership signalled his continuance as
the chief minister.
BJP president Rajnath Singh had yesterday responded
positively to a question whether the embattled chief minister
would continue in his post, saying "definitely, definitely."
The rebel legislators led by Tourism Minister Janardhana
Reddy, and his brother Revenue Minister Karunakara Reddy are
up in arms against the chief minister protesting his style of
functioning and continued to gun for him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre