Yeddyurappa hints at floating his own party
Chikmagalur: Ruling out any conciliatory talks with party central leadership, sulking BJP strongman in Karnataka B S Yeddyurappa Wednesday said he was contemplating to float his own party.
"I am not going to join any national outfit. I may build a new party. I will announce my decision after touring parts of the state, probably in December", he told reporters here.
His comments came in the backdrop of speculations that he is exploring the option of joining parties like Janata Party, Samajwadi Party or Janata Dal (United).
Yeddyurappa, who has been cut up with the BJP central leadership over being sidelined, ruled out any conciliatory talks, remarking "it is a closed chapter for me to hold any discussion with BJP high command".
The Lingayat strongman, who led BJP to its first ever government in the south in the last assembly elections, said he will not ask his supporters, including MLAs in BJP to join his party, and added "it is left to them to decide".
Yeddyurappa did not meet BJP troubleshooter Arun Jaitley and General Secretary Dharmendra Pradhan who visited the city yesterday to defuse the festering crisis in the state unit since his removal as chief minister in last July.
Yeddyurappa said he was firm that he would not accept any position offered by the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!