Yeddyurappa installs Shobha Karandlaje as working president of KJP
Bangalore: Karnataka Janata Paksha supremo BS Yeddyurappa on Friday installed his close associate and former minister Shobha Karandlaje as working of the party.
Karandlaje, who had served as Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Minister and later as Energy Minister in the previous BJP government, is an ardent follower of Yeddyurappa, who quit the BJP last December and floated the regional party.
KJP won a mere six seats in the May elections to the 224-member Assembly but, more importantly, secured nearly ten per cent of the vote-share denting the prospects of the BJP.
There was intense speculation over the future of KJP in the last couple of months and on whether Yeddyurappa, a political heavyweight, would return to BJP fold or join the Congress.
The former Chief Minister has chosen to play his cards close to his chest and kept his options open, and today again ruled out KJP merging with any other party and said it`s open for seat-sharing arrangement for the Lok Sabha elections.
Asked if KJP is ready to have alliance even with Congress for the polls, he said: "we are not untouchable, we are ready for seat sharing with any party including the Congress depending on the situation prevailing at that time".
But he asserted: "There is no question of merging KJP with any other party nor am I joining any other political party".
KJP would maintain its identity and the party would be strengthened from the grass-roots level, Yeddyurappa said, adding, his party would contest eight to ten Lok Sabha seats (of the total 28 in Karnataka).
Meanwhile, Yeddyurappa also appointed former PWD Minister C M Udasi as the party`s senior vice president, as a new list of office-bearers of the party was announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks