Yeddyurappa invites BJP MLAs for breakfast
Bangalore: Renewed political activity is
expected in the ruling BJP in Karnataka, with former Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa inviting party legislators for a
breakfast meeting on March 30 when the assembly budget
Yeddyurappa who shifted legislators to a resort on March
18 in a show of strength to mount pressure on the high command
to reinstate him as Chief Minister, has been maintaining a low
profile for the last few days.
The dissident activity that rocked the ruling party early
this month came to a halt after intervention by BJP President
Nitin Gadkari, who asked the Yeddyurappa faction and also
those supporting Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda to
concentrate on the on-going budget session.
According to Yeddyurappa`s loyalists, no political
significance can be attached to the breakfast meeting in the
light of the high command issuing gag orders on both factions.
The Yeddyurappa camp hopes that the BJP central
leadership would decide on their leader`s demand for
reinstatement by the first week of April.
Gowda`s followers are confident that the party would
continue to back him, at a time when he is trying to refurbish
the party`s image which has taken a severe beating due to
corruption charges and internal squabbles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray