Yeddyurappa is corrupt, shameless Chief Minister: Deve Gowda
New Delhi: JD (S) chief H D Deve Gowda on Tuesday
said the BJP should think about the various corruption
allegations against Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa
before pointing fingers at other political parties.
"If BJP has any sense of shame it will first act against
its own chief minister who is facing so many corruption
charges", the former Prime Minister told reporters here.
He was speaking after inaugurating his new party office
in the national capital.
"The Chief Minister is totally shameless. It is for the
first time in 60 years of politics I have come across a chief
minister facing a slew of charges ranging from corruption to
nepotism", the JD(S) chief said.
He said he was also aghast at BSY`s public statement
against the party after senior JD(S) leader H D Kumaraswamy
"exposed the chief minister`s corruption". "... the language he has used... that JD(S) should be
removed from its roots is shocking," Deve Gowda said.
On the results of the zilla panchayat polls announced
today in which BJP won 12 of the 30 while Congress and JD(S)
won four each, Deve Gowda said the BJP`s position had depleted
in the state.
"Results to 10 zilla panchayats is hung. Actually, the
BJP`s strength has reduced if one goes by the voting pattern,"
He charged the BJP in Karnataka of committing "excesses"
during the zilla panchayat polls and said its party workers
"misued" government machinery, including police.
"Police jeeps were used to distribute money and liquour.
Several excesses were committed. When a rival party leader was
beaten up, the superintendent of police of that area did
nothing," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand