Yeddyurappa is corrupt, shameless Chief Minister: Deve Gowda
New Delhi: JD (S) chief H D Deve Gowda on Tuesday
said the BJP should think about the various corruption
allegations against Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa
before pointing fingers at other political parties.
"If BJP has any sense of shame it will first act against
its own chief minister who is facing so many corruption
charges", the former Prime Minister told reporters here.
He was speaking after inaugurating his new party office
in the national capital.
"The Chief Minister is totally shameless. It is for the
first time in 60 years of politics I have come across a chief
minister facing a slew of charges ranging from corruption to
nepotism", the JD(S) chief said.
He said he was also aghast at BSY`s public statement
against the party after senior JD(S) leader H D Kumaraswamy
"exposed the chief minister`s corruption". "... the language he has used... that JD(S) should be
removed from its roots is shocking," Deve Gowda said.
On the results of the zilla panchayat polls announced
today in which BJP won 12 of the 30 while Congress and JD(S)
won four each, Deve Gowda said the BJP`s position had depleted
in the state.
"Results to 10 zilla panchayats is hung. Actually, the
BJP`s strength has reduced if one goes by the voting pattern,"
He charged the BJP in Karnataka of committing "excesses"
during the zilla panchayat polls and said its party workers
"misued" government machinery, including police.
"Police jeeps were used to distribute money and liquour.
Several excesses were committed. When a rival party leader was
beaten up, the superintendent of police of that area did
nothing," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India