Yeddyurappa keeps BJP govt on tenterhooks
Bangalore: Keeping the BJP government on tenterhooks, Karnataka Janata Party president BS Yeddyurappa on Thursday declined to divulge whether some more Ministers and MLAs loyal to him would quit.
"Those who are interested in the development of the state can join my party", he told reporters here after 12 former BJP mlas, including two former ministers, who resigned from the assembly membership, joined his party.
Besides CM Udasi and Shobha Karandlaje, ten other MLAs, whose resignations were accepted by the Speaker on January 29, became KJP primary members today.
He also welcomed Vittala Katakadonda, whose resignation was not accepted on `technical` reasons by the Speaker KG Bopaiah, to join his party.
Yeddyurappa lashed out at Bopaiah for delaying acceptance of resignation of 13 MLAs at the "behest" of the ruling party and his absence from office since yesterday.
"The ruling party has directed the Speaker to leave Bangalore for Madikeri fearing resignation of some more BJP legislators," he said.
"No other Speaker has behaved in such a fashion in the annals of Indian political history," Yeddyurappa claimed.
Thirteen MLAs had met the Speaker in his office at the State secretariat on January 29 and tendered their resignations from the Assembly membership in person, several hours after which they were accepted. The resignation of Vittala Katakadonda was not accepted for `technical reasons`.
Replying to a query, Yeddyurappa said he would not meet Governor H R Bhardwaj and it is up to Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar to decide on whether he wants to continue in office or not.
Yeddyurappa demanded that the Shettar government publish a `white paper` on the state`s financial status and claimed that non-plan expenditure exceeded plan expenditure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth