Yeddyurappa keeps BJP govt on tenterhooks
Bangalore: Keeping the BJP government on tenterhooks, Karnataka Janata Party president BS Yeddyurappa on Thursday declined to divulge whether some more Ministers and MLAs loyal to him would quit.
"Those who are interested in the development of the state can join my party", he told reporters here after 12 former BJP mlas, including two former ministers, who resigned from the assembly membership, joined his party.
Besides CM Udasi and Shobha Karandlaje, ten other MLAs, whose resignations were accepted by the Speaker on January 29, became KJP primary members today.
He also welcomed Vittala Katakadonda, whose resignation was not accepted on `technical` reasons by the Speaker KG Bopaiah, to join his party.
Yeddyurappa lashed out at Bopaiah for delaying acceptance of resignation of 13 MLAs at the "behest" of the ruling party and his absence from office since yesterday.
"The ruling party has directed the Speaker to leave Bangalore for Madikeri fearing resignation of some more BJP legislators," he said.
"No other Speaker has behaved in such a fashion in the annals of Indian political history," Yeddyurappa claimed.
Thirteen MLAs had met the Speaker in his office at the State secretariat on January 29 and tendered their resignations from the Assembly membership in person, several hours after which they were accepted. The resignation of Vittala Katakadonda was not accepted for `technical reasons`.
Replying to a query, Yeddyurappa said he would not meet Governor H R Bhardwaj and it is up to Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar to decide on whether he wants to continue in office or not.
Yeddyurappa demanded that the Shettar government publish a `white paper` on the state`s financial status and claimed that non-plan expenditure exceeded plan expenditure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly