Yeddyurappa keeps BJP govt on tenterhooks
Bangalore: Keeping the BJP government on tenterhooks, Karnataka Janata Party President BS Yeddyurappa on Thursday declined to divulge whether some more Ministers and MLAs loyal to him would quit.
"Those who are interested in the development of the state can join my party", he told reporters here after 12 former BJP mlas, including two former ministers, who resigned from the assembly membership, joined his party.
Besides C M Udasi and Shobha Karandlaje, ten other MLAs, whose resignations were accepted by the Speaker on January 29, became KJP primary members today.
He also welcomed Vittala Katakadonda, whose resignation was not accepted on `technical` reasons by the Speaker K G Bopaiah, to join his party.
Yeddyurappa lashed out at Bopaiah for delaying acceptance of resignation of 13 MLAs at the "behest" of the ruling party and his absence from office since yesterday.
"The ruling party has directed the Speaker to leave Bangalore for Madikeri fearing resignation of some more BJP legislators," he said.
"No other Speaker has behaved in such a fashion in the annals of Indian political history," Yeddyurappa claimed.
Thirteen MLAs had met the Speaker in his office at he State secretariat on January 29 and tendered their resignations from the Assembly membership in person, several hours after which they were accepted. The resignation of Vittala Katakadonda was not accepted for `technical reasons`.
Replying to a query, Yeddyurappa said he would not meet Governor H R Bhardwaj and it is up to Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar to decide on whether he wants to continue in office or not.
Yeddyurappa demanded that the Shettar government publish a `white paper` on the state`s financial status and claimed that non-plan expenditure exceeded plan expenditure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof