Yeddyurappa, kin appears in CBI Court in illegal mining kickback case
Bangalore: Former Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa and his family members on Wednesday appeared before the CBI Court here in connection with a case allegedly involving kickback in illegal mining.
Of the 13 accused, except one all the 12, including Yeddyurappa, his sons Lok Sabha member B Y Raghavendra, B Y Vijayendra and son-in-law R N Sohan Kumar were present before CBI Special Judge M S Balakrishna.
The judge adjourned the case to July 1 after the Special Public Prosecutor sought time to file the surety verification report of the two accused in the case.
On December 10, the court had granted bail to all the 13 accused while imposing certain conditions, including directing them to furnish a personal bond of Rs two lakh each and surety of like sum.
CBI had filed a charge sheet in October last year against the accused, including senior vice-president of a Bellary based private steel company and five Bellary based firms, besides a Shimoga based Trust run by the family of Yeddyurappa for alleged abuse of official position and corruption.
They were charged under IPC sections, including 120-B (conspiracy) and 420 (cheating) as also under provisions of the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 and Karnataka Land (Restriction on) Transfer Act.
Yeddyurappa resigned as Chief Minister in July, 2011 after the Lokatyuka report on illegal mining indicted him following which a spate of corruption and land denotification cases have been filed against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency