Yeddyurappa likely to expand ministry next week
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa is likely to expand his ministry next week to fill up four of the six vacant ministerial berths, party sources said on Saturday.
The move is seen as an effort to placate some of the ministerial aspirants, who had earlier threatened to join the ranks of rebels.
Sources said the BJP`s Core Committee, which met after the state high court upheld disqualification of 11 rebels MLAs, has given the nod to the Chief Minister to undertake the expansion exercise.
The ministry expansion is likely to take place either on November 3 or 5, the sources said.
They said Yeddyurappa`s plan to keep two berths vacant to check possible dissidence in the aftermath of ministry expansion has been accepted by the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000