Yeddyurappa likely to expand ministry next week
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa is likely to expand his ministry next week to fill up four of the six vacant ministerial berths, party sources said on Saturday.
The move is seen as an effort to placate some of the ministerial aspirants, who had earlier threatened to join the ranks of rebels.
Sources said the BJP`s Core Committee, which met after the state high court upheld disqualification of 11 rebels MLAs, has given the nod to the Chief Minister to undertake the expansion exercise.
The ministry expansion is likely to take place either on November 3 or 5, the sources said.
They said Yeddyurappa`s plan to keep two berths vacant to check possible dissidence in the aftermath of ministry expansion has been accepted by the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!