Yeddyurappa, Moily and Kharge file nominations
Bangalore: Former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa and Union Ministers Mallikarjun Kharge and M Veerappa Moily today entered the fray for the April 17 Lok Sabha polls in Karnataka.
Yeddyurappa filed his nominations for Shimoga Lok Sabha constituency, where he is pitted against Geetha Shivaraj Kumar, daughter of former Chief Minister S Bangarappa and wife of Kannada film actor Shivarajkumar.
Congress leader and Railway Minsiter Kharge is seeking re-election from Gulbarga Lok Sabha (Reserved) constituency.
Moily filed nominations seeking re-election from Chikkaballapur constituency.
Former chief ministers N Dharam Singh (Congress) and DV Sadananda Gowda (BJP) filed their nomination papers in Bidar and Bangalore North constituencies respectively.
BJP`s Ananth Kumar Hegde (Uttara Kannada), Nalin Kumar Katil (Mangalore) and Pratap Simha (Mysore) also filed nominations.
The last date for filing nominations is March 26.
Scrutiny of papers will be taken up the next day. March 29 is the last date for withdrawal of nominations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj