Yeddyurappa, Moily and Kharge file nominations
Bangalore: Former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa and Union Ministers Mallikarjun Kharge and M Veerappa Moily today entered the fray for the April 17 Lok Sabha polls in Karnataka.
Yeddyurappa filed his nominations for Shimoga Lok Sabha constituency, where he is pitted against Geetha Shivaraj Kumar, daughter of former Chief Minister S Bangarappa and wife of Kannada film actor Shivarajkumar.
Congress leader and Railway Minsiter Kharge is seeking re-election from Gulbarga Lok Sabha (Reserved) constituency.
Moily filed nominations seeking re-election from Chikkaballapur constituency.
Former chief ministers N Dharam Singh (Congress) and DV Sadananda Gowda (BJP) filed their nomination papers in Bidar and Bangalore North constituencies respectively.
BJP`s Ananth Kumar Hegde (Uttara Kannada), Nalin Kumar Katil (Mangalore) and Pratap Simha (Mysore) also filed nominations.
The last date for filing nominations is March 26.
Scrutiny of papers will be taken up the next day. March 29 is the last date for withdrawal of nominations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?