Yeddyurappa not to celebrate Diwali, continues protest
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
Bangalore: The KJP chief BS Yeddyurappa, who is protesting against the ruling-Congress party in Karnataka, has decided not to celebrate Diwali.
Yeddyurappa is sitting on a day and night dharna protesting against the decision of Chief Minister Siddaramaiah to scrap some of the schemes implemented by the previous BJP government.
After launching his protest on Thursday at the Anandarao circle in Bangalore, the former Karnataka chief minister demanded that Siddaramaiah should take back his decision.
Also, the Congress scheme to give Rs 50,000 in cash as a `wedding gift` to poor Muslims girls has faced opposition from the Lingayat strongman.
He wants that "Bidaai" (farewell) scheme launched by the Congress, where Muslim girls, whose family`s annual income is less than Rs 1.5 lakh will be given Rs 50,000 at the time of their marriage, should be extended to all poor families, not just one community. Yeddyurappa said that he wants all sections of the society to get justice and welfare not just one.
Protest against the Congress scheme has once brought Yeddyurappa in the spotlight as he protests with scores of supporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says