`Yeddyurappa not trying to buy silence over graft`
Bangalore: Karnataka`s ruling Bharatiya Janata Party on Friday dismissed as "dud bomb" the Janata Dal-Secular (JD-S) claim that Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa was attempting to "buy its silence" over graft charges against him.
"All claims and allegations of (JD-S leader and former chief minister HD) Kumaraswamy against Yeddyurappa and our government are like dud bombs," Karnataka BJP unit chief KS Eshwarappa told reporters here.
Law Minister S Suresh Kumar, Excise Minister MP Renukacharya and BJP spokesperson CT Ravi also dismissed Kumaraswamy`s claim made here on Thursday.
"Kumaraswamy often explodes these dud bombs to impress people," Eshwarappa said.
"It is a total lie," Suresh Kumar told reporters on the margins of a function in Bangalore.
"What is the need for a deal with JD-S after Yeddyurappa had exposed illegal dealings of the Gowda family?" he asked.
Kumaraswamy is the son of JD-S president and former prime minister HD Deve Gowda. Another son of Gowda, HD Revanna, is a member of the state Assembly.
Gowda has two more sons but they are not into politics.
Early this week, Yeddyurappa said that Gowda`s family was involved in "illegal export of iron ore".
His political secretary BJ Puttaswamy released documents showing companies owned by Kumraswamy`s brothers had made Rs 167 crore by exporting over 150,000 tonnes of iron ore within six months of his becoming the chief minister in 2006.
Kumaraswamy has denied any illegality in the business and also said he had nothing with the businesses run by his brothers.
Renukacharya and Ravi, at separate press meets, took on Kumaraswamy.
Renukacharya said the BJP and Yeddyurappa "are not scared of these baseless claims and charges and will fight back".
Ravi challenged Kumaraswamy to release more documents against Yeddyurappa now instead of June 22 when the JD-S leader plans to do so.
Kumaraswamy said on Wednesday that he will release these documents in New Delhi ahead of the BJP`s nation-wide campaign against corruption beginning June 24.
"Why wait till June 22? If you have them, release now," Ravi said.
Yeddyurappa has not reacted to Kumaraswamy`s claims so far. He is away in Kottakkal in Kerala for ayurvedic treatment at the famed Arya Vaidya Sala.
He is expected back in Bangalore by June 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly