Yeddyurappa refuses to comment on cauvery issue
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister BS
Yeddyurappa on Tuesday declined to react to his Tamil Nadu
counterpart J Jayalalithaa`s demand to the Centre to notify
the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal`s final award.
"The issue is now before the Supreme Court. I can`t comment
on the issue at this stage," he told reporters here.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa during her recent
visit to Delhi urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to notify
the Tribunal`s award in the Union government`s gazette.
Karnataka has contested the final order of the Tribunal on
water allocation on the ground it has not been given justice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends