Yeddyurappa refuses to comment on cauvery issue
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister BS
Yeddyurappa on Tuesday declined to react to his Tamil Nadu
counterpart J Jayalalithaa`s demand to the Centre to notify
the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal`s final award.
"The issue is now before the Supreme Court. I can`t comment
on the issue at this stage," he told reporters here.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa during her recent
visit to Delhi urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to notify
the Tribunal`s award in the Union government`s gazette.
Karnataka has contested the final order of the Tribunal on
water allocation on the ground it has not been given justice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees