Yeddyurappa refuses to comment on cauvery issue
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister BS
Yeddyurappa on Tuesday declined to react to his Tamil Nadu
counterpart J Jayalalithaa`s demand to the Centre to notify
the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal`s final award.
"The issue is now before the Supreme Court. I can`t comment
on the issue at this stage," he told reporters here.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa during her recent
visit to Delhi urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to notify
the Tribunal`s award in the Union government`s gazette.
Karnataka has contested the final order of the Tribunal on
water allocation on the ground it has not been given justice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore