Yeddyurappa resorting to blackmail: Siddaramaiah
Hubli: Opposition Congress leader in the Karnataka Legislative Assembly Siddaramaiah on Sunday charged former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa with resorting to blackmail tactics in a bid to return to power and constantly shifting his stand on various issues.
"Yeddyurappa has been resorting to blackmail tactics for some time now in his bid to return to power. The stand that he takes today is not there tomorrow," he told reporters here.
Siddaramaiah said Yeddyurappa never expected his loyalist D V Sadananda Gowda to assert himself after his exit and has been pressurising the party to make him either Chief Minister or state BJP unit chief.
Gowda, considered a Yeddyurappa loyalist, replaced his predecessor, who was made to quit by the BJP central leadership after he was indicted in the Lokayukta report on illegal mining, but is now trying to come out of his shadow.
Yeddyurappa was rebuffed by party chief Nitin Gadkari last month when he ruled out any change in leadership of the Chief Minister.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani