Yeddyurappa rules out joining BJP
Bangalore: With a section of BJP making moves to bring former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa back to the party fold, the Lingayat leader on Friday ruled out his home coming for now.
Asked if BJP leaders like Rajnath Singh and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi had approached him with a proposal for his return to the party, Yeddyurappa told reporters "I will discuss (the issue) at that time. Nobody has approached me so far and hence there is no question of joining BJP or any other party for now," he said.
Yeddyurappa said there is no truth either in reports suggesting that with Modi`s elevation as BJP`s election committee head he was in an advantageous position to get back into the party.
"These are rumours. I want for to maintain a separate identity of my party (Karnataka Janata Paksha) and I am going on a statewide tour to strengthen it," he said.
On his praise for Modi after his elevation, Yeddyurappa said he had great respect for the Gujarat Chief Minister but that doesn`t mean that KJP would merge with BJP. "I have left BJP because of my bad experience there," he said.
Asked whether his party would back Modi in 2014 Lok Sabha elections if BJP projects him as prime ministerial candidate, Yeddyurappa said he would discuss the issue at that time. "I have to consult my party leaders before taking any decision," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened