Yeddyurappa satisfied with new party post
Chikkodi: Newly appointed as BJP Vice President by party chief Amit Shah, former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa on Saturday said he is satisfied with the position given, though it was people`s wish that he be made a minister.
"People`s wish was that I should be made a minister but my wish was that Narendra Modi and Amit Shah give me party responsibility," Yeddyurappa told reporters at Chikkodi in Belgaum district.
"They have given me party responsibility, I`m satisfied with it. As former Chief Minister and National Vice President, I will happily work towards strengthening the party," he said.
Thanking Shah and Modi for making him party`s National Vice President, Yeddyurappa said, "Ananth Kumar (Union Minister from Karnataka) and several other party leaders have made efforts to get me a prominent position. It is because of their efforts I have got this position.I thank all of them."
Yeddyurappa had returned to BJP and merged his Karnataka Janata Party in January, a year after he walked out of the party at the height of his differences with it over the leadership issue after he was removed as Chief Minister over a graft charge.
The Lingayat strongman had, however, failed to make a big electoral impact with his outfit in the 2013 Assembly polls that saw Congress` return to power after bringing down the first ever BJP government in the South, for which he was credited.
Stating that he will work for victory of BJP`s candidates in three constituencies in the August 21 Assembly by-polls in Karnataka, Yeddyurappa said "We leaders will work together and bring failures of this government (Siddaramaiah`s) before people and create awareness about it."
By-elections are to be held for the three seats after sitting MLAs B S Yeddyurappa (Shikaripura), Prakash Hukkeri (Chikkodi-Sadalga) and B Sriramulu (Bellary) vacated them, consequent to their election to Lok Sabha.
In this by-elections, straight contest is likely to be between BJP and ruling Congress as Janata Dal Secular has decided against fielding candidates citing funds crunch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?