Yeddyurappa says his next target is to storm Assembly polls
Bangalore: After playing spoilsport to the ruling BJP in the recently concluded polls to Urban Local Bodies in Karnataka, KJP President B S Yeddyurappa on Tuesday set his eyes on storming the Assembly in upcoming elections.
"My first target was to finish the BJP in ULB elections because they had ditched me. People have taught them a lesson. My next target is to storm assembly in the upcoming polls," he told reporters here.
Yeddyurappa said the central BJP leaders should realise the importance of his contribution to the growth of their party in the state.
"Without me, the BJP has cut a sorry figure as it lost in almost all districts, particularly strongholds like Udupi and Puutur in ULB elections," the former Karnataka Chief Minister said.
Yeddyurappa said the Karnataka Janata Paksha has performed satisfactorily in the ULB polls, though losing some of his stronghold districts like Shimoga.
"We are a nascent party and were concentrating on assembly elections, but never expected early ULB polls. So we had inadequate time to prepare. But winning about 300 wards in three months is not a mean achievement," he added.
Yeddyurappa said KJP would not ally with any other party before or after assembly polls. "We are going to contest 224 constituencies. I am confident we will get absolute majority," he said.
Yeddyurappa denied indirectly supporting Congress in ULB polls and said he was worried about KJP. "The Congress, however, have benefited from the ULB elections, whereas JDS lost more than 600 wards compared to the previous ULB polls held in 2007," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed