Yeddyurappa should resign immediately: Congress
New Delhi: Dubbing the BJP Ministry in
Karnataka as the "most corrupt government in free India",
Congress on Wednesday demanded the immediate resignation of Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa and all ministers indicted by the
Lokayukta in the illegal mining case.
"Those holding constitutional positions should uphold
high moral traditions...Yeddyurappa and all ministers involved
in the nefarious activities should quit," party spokesman
Shakeel Ahmed told reporters here.
His comments came close on the heels of the report
submitted by Karnataka Lokayukta mentioning the name of the
Chief Minister, the Reddy brothers, another minister Sriramalu
and former Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy in the case.
Alleging that it was "common knowledge that the
Karnataka government is the most corrupt government in free
India", he claimed that the entire BJP leadership has been
hand-in-glove and has been a beneficiary in illegal mining.
He said that an indication to this effect was
available in the charges and countercharges between BJP
leaders Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley as to who was
responsible for inducting Reddy brothers into the cabinet.
Speaking separately, AICC General Secretary B K
Hariprasad wanted the BJP to sack Yeddyurappa immediately.
When told that Congress MP Anil Lad as also a steel
company in which another party MP Navin Jindal has interests
were also involved in the case, Ahmed as also Hari Prasad said
that the law should take its own course in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!