Yeddyurappa should resign immediately: Congress
New Delhi: Dubbing the BJP Ministry in
Karnataka as the "most corrupt government in free India",
Congress on Wednesday demanded the immediate resignation of Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa and all ministers indicted by the
Lokayukta in the illegal mining case.
"Those holding constitutional positions should uphold
high moral traditions...Yeddyurappa and all ministers involved
in the nefarious activities should quit," party spokesman
Shakeel Ahmed told reporters here.
His comments came close on the heels of the report
submitted by Karnataka Lokayukta mentioning the name of the
Chief Minister, the Reddy brothers, another minister Sriramalu
and former Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy in the case.
Alleging that it was "common knowledge that the
Karnataka government is the most corrupt government in free
India", he claimed that the entire BJP leadership has been
hand-in-glove and has been a beneficiary in illegal mining.
He said that an indication to this effect was
available in the charges and countercharges between BJP
leaders Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley as to who was
responsible for inducting Reddy brothers into the cabinet.
Speaking separately, AICC General Secretary B K
Hariprasad wanted the BJP to sack Yeddyurappa immediately.
When told that Congress MP Anil Lad as also a steel
company in which another party MP Navin Jindal has interests
were also involved in the case, Ahmed as also Hari Prasad said
that the law should take its own course in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why