Yeddyurappa skips BJP National Executive
Bangalore: Sulking over being sidelined in the party, former Karnataka chief minister B S Yeddyurappa Tuesday chose to boycott the BJP National Executive meeting being held at Surajkund in Haryana.
Yeddyurappa, who has been openly lashing out at the top brass of the BJP for "reneging" on its promise to make him Karnataka unit President, is undergoing naturo therapy at the Art of Living Nature Cure centre here, since yesterday.
He was likely to remain at the centre for two more days, said sources close to the state BJP strongman, who has been a constant source of worry to the central leadership with his repeated bouts of revolt.
The leadership has been lukewarm to his demands including state party chief`s post.
The Lingayat community heavyweight, who was forced to quit as Chief Minister last year after indictment by Lokayukta report on illegal mining, has been dropping repeated hints at quitting the BJP with the state set to face assembly polls due early next year.
Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar, who replaced Sadananda Gowda under pressure from Yeddyurappa, has also been facing pinpricks from him over various issues including allocation of portfolios to his loyalists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today