Yeddyurappa skips BJP National Executive
Bangalore: Sulking over being sidelined in the party, former Karnataka chief minister B S Yeddyurappa Tuesday chose to boycott the BJP National Executive meeting being held at Surajkund in Haryana.
Yeddyurappa, who has been openly lashing out at the top brass of the BJP for "reneging" on its promise to make him Karnataka unit President, is undergoing naturo therapy at the Art of Living Nature Cure centre here, since yesterday.
He was likely to remain at the centre for two more days, said sources close to the state BJP strongman, who has been a constant source of worry to the central leadership with his repeated bouts of revolt.
The leadership has been lukewarm to his demands including state party chief`s post.
The Lingayat community heavyweight, who was forced to quit as Chief Minister last year after indictment by Lokayukta report on illegal mining, has been dropping repeated hints at quitting the BJP with the state set to face assembly polls due early next year.
Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar, who replaced Sadananda Gowda under pressure from Yeddyurappa, has also been facing pinpricks from him over various issues including allocation of portfolios to his loyalists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP