Yeddyurappa skips BJP National Executive
Bangalore: Sulking over being sidelined in the party, former Karnataka chief minister B S Yeddyurappa Tuesday chose to boycott the BJP National Executive meeting being held at Surajkund in Haryana.
Yeddyurappa, who has been openly lashing out at the top brass of the BJP for "reneging" on its promise to make him Karnataka unit President, is undergoing naturo therapy at the Art of Living Nature Cure centre here, since yesterday.
He was likely to remain at the centre for two more days, said sources close to the state BJP strongman, who has been a constant source of worry to the central leadership with his repeated bouts of revolt.
The leadership has been lukewarm to his demands including state party chief`s post.
The Lingayat community heavyweight, who was forced to quit as Chief Minister last year after indictment by Lokayukta report on illegal mining, has been dropping repeated hints at quitting the BJP with the state set to face assembly polls due early next year.
Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar, who replaced Sadananda Gowda under pressure from Yeddyurappa, has also been facing pinpricks from him over various issues including allocation of portfolios to his loyalists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda