Yeddyurappa, sons appear before CBI Court
Bangalore: Former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa and his family members on Saturday appeared before a CBI court here in connection with a case of alleged kickback in illegal mining.
Along with Yeddyurappa, his sons - Lok Sabha member B Y Raghavendra and B Y Vijayendra, son-in-law R N Sohan Kumar and former minister Krishnaiah Setty appeared before Principal Judge D A Venkat Sudarshan, who adjourned the case till May 15.
On January 29, the court had directed Yeddyurappa and other accused to appear before it without fail.
Special Public Prosecutor Sudarshan had earlier opposed the exemption applications filed by Yeddyurappa and sought time to clarify and furnish copies of certain statements sought by the accused.
On December 10, the court had granted bail to all the 13 accused while imposing certain conditions, including directing them to furnish a personal bond of Rs two lakh each and surety of like sum.
CBI had filed a charge sheet in October last year against the accused, including senior vice-president of a Bellary- based private steel company and five Bellary based firms, besides a Shimoga based Trust run by the family of Yeddyurappa for alleged abuse of official position and corruption.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed