Yeddyurappa, sons appear before CBI Court
Bangalore: Former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa and his family members on Saturday appeared before a CBI court here in connection with a case of alleged kickback in illegal mining.
Along with Yeddyurappa, his sons - Lok Sabha member B Y Raghavendra and B Y Vijayendra, son-in-law R N Sohan Kumar and former minister Krishnaiah Setty appeared before Principal Judge D A Venkat Sudarshan, who adjourned the case till May 15.
On January 29, the court had directed Yeddyurappa and other accused to appear before it without fail.
Special Public Prosecutor Sudarshan had earlier opposed the exemption applications filed by Yeddyurappa and sought time to clarify and furnish copies of certain statements sought by the accused.
On December 10, the court had granted bail to all the 13 accused while imposing certain conditions, including directing them to furnish a personal bond of Rs two lakh each and surety of like sum.
CBI had filed a charge sheet in October last year against the accused, including senior vice-president of a Bellary- based private steel company and five Bellary based firms, besides a Shimoga based Trust run by the family of Yeddyurappa for alleged abuse of official position and corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan