Yeddyurappa, sons appear before CBI Court
Bangalore: Former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa and his family members on Saturday appeared before a CBI court here in connection with a case of alleged kickback in illegal mining.
Along with Yeddyurappa, his sons - Lok Sabha member B Y Raghavendra and B Y Vijayendra, son-in-law R N Sohan Kumar and former minister Krishnaiah Setty appeared before Principal Judge D A Venkat Sudarshan, who adjourned the case till May 15.
On January 29, the court had directed Yeddyurappa and other accused to appear before it without fail.
Special Public Prosecutor Sudarshan had earlier opposed the exemption applications filed by Yeddyurappa and sought time to clarify and furnish copies of certain statements sought by the accused.
On December 10, the court had granted bail to all the 13 accused while imposing certain conditions, including directing them to furnish a personal bond of Rs two lakh each and surety of like sum.
CBI had filed a charge sheet in October last year against the accused, including senior vice-president of a Bellary- based private steel company and five Bellary based firms, besides a Shimoga based Trust run by the family of Yeddyurappa for alleged abuse of official position and corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday