Yeddyurappa spikes speculation about joining BJP
Bangalore: Former Karnataka Chief Minister and KJP President B S Yeddyurappa on Tuesday scotched speculation about joining BJP, saying he would retain the identity of his party.
"Karnataka Janatha Paksha has decided to retain separate identity and will never merge with any political party including BJP. It will support (Narendra) Modi as prime ministerial candidate through NDA," he told reporters here.
Yeddyurappa alleged that a few BJP leaders were intentionally trying to create confusion by spreading rumours that he is preparing to go back to BJP.
"We earnestly want to put an end to this issue and make it very clear that KJP will remain a separate political party and will never merge with any political party."
Yeddyurappa had recently written to NDA chief and veteran BJP leader L K Advani showing KJP`s willingness to be a constituent of the BJP-led grouping.
He flayed central government for "failing" to provide protection for political rallies and asked it to ensure protection to leaders including Modi, whose Patna rally on Sunday was hit by series of crude bomb blasts that left six dead and 82 others injured.
Asked whether he received any invitation from Modi to attend the Bangalore rally to be held next month, he said "I have not received any invitation from NDA as yet."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know