Yeddyurappa takes Karnataka battle to Delhi
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa left for Delhi on Saturday for further consultations with the BJP central leadership in the wake of Governor HR Bhardwaj sanctioning his prosecution over alleged land scams.
Before leaving for the national capital, Yeddyurappa told reporters that he would meet the party`s national leaders to discuss the political developments and the "attitude of our Governor".
Tomorrow, the party`s Lok Sabha and Rajya members from the State, along with BJP central leaders, are meeting President Pratibha Patil to complain about the Governor.
Maintaining an aggressive posture, Yeddyurappa had yesterday ruled out his resignation, following the Governor`s sanction for prosecution and vowed to fight the issue politically and legally.
"I am leaving for Delhi today to meet our national leaders to discuss the political developments and the attitude of our Governor," Yeddyurappa said.
"Tomorrow all our MPs and national leaders will meet President Pratibha Patil at 11.30 am and submit a memorandum to apprise her of the real situation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof