Yeddyurappa to attend BJP national executive
Bangalore: In a U-turn, former Karnataka chief minister B S Yeddyurappa has decided to attend the BJP national executive meet at Mumbai.
"Yeddyurappa will fly to Mumbai tomorrow morning to attend the BJP national executive meeting after he had a telephonic conversation with Nitin Gadkari (BJP president) and senior party leader Arun Jaitley," a source close to Yeddyurappa said.
Yeddyurappa, who is sulking over the party central leadership for `sidelining` him, said earlier he could not attend the executive due to pending court cases, but would go tomorrow if possible.
"I could not attend the BJP national executive meet due to some cases filed against me in Lokayukta court. If possible I will go tomorrow," he told reporters.
He had earlier made it clear he would not attend the BJP meet.
Yeddyurappa had triggered the recent crisis with nine ministers loyal to him submitting their resignations, insisting on change of leadership of Chief Minister Sadananda Gowda amid speculation that he might split the party.
He, however, said he had decided to quit the party but deferred his decision.
Incidentally, Yeddyurappa has not missed a single executive meeting of the BJP in the last two decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!