Yeddyurappa to be admitted to BJP in few days: Prahlad Joshi
Belgaum: Karnataka Janatha Paksha leader and former Chief Minister B S Yedyurappa will be admitted to BJP in a few days, state party chief Prahlad Joshi said on Thursday.
Joshi said he had raised the issue of Yeddyurappa`s homecoming with party`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, who was here today, for a function.
The matter was before central leaders, he said.
Yeddyurappa had also said three days ago that he has an "open mind" about joining BJP and a clear picture on his homecoming might emerge in the next four to five days.
Soon after the assembly polls in five states, senior BJP leaders from Karnataka had met party chief Rajnath Singh and urged him to start the process of bringing Yeddyurappa back into the party fold.
Yeddyurappa has supported Narendra Modi`s candidature for Prime Ministership and also written to NDA Chairman L K Advani to take KJP into its fold.
Yeddyurappa, who quit the Chief Ministership in July 2011 over illegal mining bribery charges, quit BJP last year and launched KJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Does Deepika Padukone's red hot avatar at IIFA 2016 remind you of Angelina Jolie at Oscars? See inside
- Brexit knocks off Rs 1.8 trillion from Indian stock market wealth
- Brexit impact: RBI will provide liquidity wherever necessary, says Raghuram Rajan
- I should speak less now, jokes Salman Khan
- POSTER alert! Erika Kaar in Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay'