Yeddyurappa to be admitted to BJP in few days: Prahlad Joshi
Belgaum: Karnataka Janatha Paksha leader and former Chief Minister B S Yedyurappa will be admitted to BJP in a few days, state party chief Prahlad Joshi said on Thursday.
Joshi said he had raised the issue of Yeddyurappa`s homecoming with party`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, who was here today, for a function.
The matter was before central leaders, he said.
Yeddyurappa had also said three days ago that he has an "open mind" about joining BJP and a clear picture on his homecoming might emerge in the next four to five days.
Soon after the assembly polls in five states, senior BJP leaders from Karnataka had met party chief Rajnath Singh and urged him to start the process of bringing Yeddyurappa back into the party fold.
Yeddyurappa has supported Narendra Modi`s candidature for Prime Ministership and also written to NDA Chairman L K Advani to take KJP into its fold.
Yeddyurappa, who quit the Chief Ministership in July 2011 over illegal mining bribery charges, quit BJP last year and launched KJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred