Yeddyurappa `tried to buy peace with` Kumaraswamy
Bangalore: JDS leader HD Kumaraswamy on Thursday alleged that Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa made fresh attempts to "buy peace" with him in a bid to bring an end to
the slugfest between them.
"Yeddyurappa tried to meet me personally at the Arya Vaidya Health Cure centre in Kottaikkal, but sensing the move I cancelled my visit", Kumaraswamy told reporters here, a day after he threatened to expose Yeddyurappa`s "corruption" by releasing a set of "documents" in Delhi on June 22.
Kumaraswamy said he had registered for a 14-day rejuvenation treatment from June 12 at Kottaikkal.
"Somehow Yeddyurappa learnt about it and got admitted anticipating that I will also be there. Anticipating Yeddyurappa`s move, I cancelled my trip", he said.
"There have been efforts by Yeddyurappa in the last five to six months to meet me and feelers were sent through one of my close friends. Yeddyurappa even waited in the house of a person for me at 10.30 pm two months ago but I refused to oblige him with a meeting", he said.
Kumaraswamy alleged that Yeddyurappa had also been sending his messengers promising that "I should not release any more documents”.
"I was also promised monetary support for building the party. In the event of none of the political parties getting majority in the next assembly election, Yeddyurappa said he would join hands in formation of a government with JDS", Kumaraswamy claimed.
"I am not a saleable commodity. I will continue the campaign to expose Yeddyurappa. None of the members of the Deve Gowda family can be purchased. I will release documents in Delhi on June 22", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145