Yeddyurappa `tried to buy peace with` Kumaraswamy
Bangalore: JDS leader HD Kumaraswamy on Thursday alleged that Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa made fresh attempts to "buy peace" with him in a bid to bring an end to
the slugfest between them.
"Yeddyurappa tried to meet me personally at the Arya Vaidya Health Cure centre in Kottaikkal, but sensing the move I cancelled my visit", Kumaraswamy told reporters here, a day after he threatened to expose Yeddyurappa`s "corruption" by releasing a set of "documents" in Delhi on June 22.
Kumaraswamy said he had registered for a 14-day rejuvenation treatment from June 12 at Kottaikkal.
"Somehow Yeddyurappa learnt about it and got admitted anticipating that I will also be there. Anticipating Yeddyurappa`s move, I cancelled my trip", he said.
"There have been efforts by Yeddyurappa in the last five to six months to meet me and feelers were sent through one of my close friends. Yeddyurappa even waited in the house of a person for me at 10.30 pm two months ago but I refused to oblige him with a meeting", he said.
Kumaraswamy alleged that Yeddyurappa had also been sending his messengers promising that "I should not release any more documents”.
"I was also promised monetary support for building the party. In the event of none of the political parties getting majority in the next assembly election, Yeddyurappa said he would join hands in formation of a government with JDS", Kumaraswamy claimed.
"I am not a saleable commodity. I will continue the campaign to expose Yeddyurappa. None of the members of the Deve Gowda family can be purchased. I will release documents in Delhi on June 22", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video