Yeddyurappa warns of en masse resignation of his supporters
Mandya: Daring the BJP to take action against the 13 MLAs who threw their lot with him and attended the formal launch of his KJP party, former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa said they would resign en masse if the situation so warranted.
"In the coming days most of our supporters will take a decision to tender resignation to join KJP. If circumstances so warrant, they will resign en masse", he told reporters here after offering worship at the Nimishamba temple.
Under the prevailing situation, Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar should resign, he said.
Fearing loss of numbers, the BJP`s state core meeting at Belgaum had yesterday refrained from taking any action against the MLAs, who defied the party diktat and shared the dias with Yeddyurappa at the formal launch of KJP at Haveri on Dec 9.
Yeddyurappa, who also offerred prayers at the tomb of Tippu Sultan, said his party was built on secular ideology and that he needed the support of all sections of society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites