Yeddyurappa warns of en masse resignation of his supporters
Mandya: Daring the BJP to take action against the 13 MLAs who threw their lot with him and attended the formal launch of his KJP party, former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa said they would resign en masse if the situation so warranted.
"In the coming days most of our supporters will take a decision to tender resignation to join KJP. If circumstances so warrant, they will resign en masse", he told reporters here after offering worship at the Nimishamba temple.
Under the prevailing situation, Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar should resign, he said.
Fearing loss of numbers, the BJP`s state core meeting at Belgaum had yesterday refrained from taking any action against the MLAs, who defied the party diktat and shared the dias with Yeddyurappa at the formal launch of KJP at Haveri on Dec 9.
Yeddyurappa, who also offerred prayers at the tomb of Tippu Sultan, said his party was built on secular ideology and that he needed the support of all sections of society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!