Yeddyurappa will complete full term: Pradhan
Bangalore: BJP on Saturday declared that there
was no change in the leadership of Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, whose ouster party rebels have been demanding
in the wake of allegations against him and said all issues had
been "sorted out."
"Now there is no such kind of talk of ensuring a
graceful exist for the Chief Minister. Yeddyurappa is our
Chief Minister and he will continue and complete his term," Dharmendra Pradhan, in-charge of BJP affairs in Karnataka told
Pradhan, deputed by the party high command to try and
contain the fresh crisis, met Yeddyurappa and state unit party
chief K S Eswarappa last night and asked them to focus on the
April 9 bypoll in three assembly constituencies.
To a question to specify the term of office of
Yeddyurappa, Pradhan said, "he has got a mandate for five
Pradhan said it was BJP that had got the mandate to
rule the state in the 2008 assembly polls.
He said the party would take steps to refurbish the
image of the government and BJP after Yeddyurappa faced
charges of corruption.
On activites of dissidents who led a delegation to
Delhi and complained to the high command about Yeddyurappa`s
style of functioning and demanded his removal, he said: "The
party is united. In a democracy everybody has a right to
express their views. After listening to all, the High Command
has decided to face the (by)poll unitedly."
Pradhan claimed he was here only to discuss the coming
bypoll and attend a BJP youth training programme.
He said he discussed the political situation in the
state with Yeddyurappa, Eswarappa and some important leaders
and the plans to give a stiff fight to the opposition in the
Pradhan evaded a reply on whether the BJP would act
against Yeddyurappa if Lokayukta police registered a FIR on
the baisis of a local court order, which had directed it to
investigate complaints of corruption.
He also ducked a query on whether the yardstick of
seeking resignation of Katta Subramanya Naidu after an FIR was
filed by Lokayukta police in connection with alleged
irregularities in getting compensation for land acquired by
Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board would apply to
"I am not good at law. There are differrent versions
on registering of FIR", he said.
After meeting party leaders, he said "everything has
been settled. Certain matters are internal and will be sorted
While Pradhan will return to Delhi today, Yeddyurappa
will reach the national capital from Mysore this evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?