`Yeddyurappa`s decision to quit BJP will erode his clout`
Mangalore: Former Karnataka Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda on Saturday said B S Yeddyurappa`s `hasty decision` to quit BJP and launch his party would boomerang on him and erode his political clout in the state.
"The hasty decision of Yeddyurappa to launch Karnataka Janata Party will boomerang on him and erode his political clout in Karnataka. Regional parties have little prospect in the state and KJP has no future," he told reporters.
Gowda said Yeddyurappa`s `frustration` of not remaining in power had forced him to quit BJP. "Had Yeddyurappa remained in BJP, he could have fulfilled his wish of getting a respectable post, which he was aspiring for," he said.
Gowda said the BJP had made herculean efforts to retain Yeddyurappa in BJP, but he insisted on quitting the party.
The party had insisted he come clean on the corruption charges levelled against him before giving him an important post, Gowda said.
"Yeddyurappa`s exit will be a setback to BJP, but only for a brief while," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video