Yeddyurappa`s sons, son-in-law questioned by CBI
Bangalore: CBI on Saturday questioned former Karnataka chief minister B S Yeddyurappa`s two sons and son-in-law in connection with its probe into illegal mining.
"Yeddyurappa`s sons B Y Raghavendra, a sitting MP, B Y Vijendra and son-in-law R N Sohan Kumar were questioned by the CBI for well over three hours", CBI sources said.
The three arrived separately at different time slots allotted to them by CBI and were questioned separately. They however left together after the questioning was over, sources said.
The trio were asked more than 30 questions in connection with the Rs 20 crore donation, the Prerana Trust, run by Yeddyurappa`s family, allegedly received from a mining firm.
On June 13, the CBI court dismissed the anticipatory bail petitions filed by Yeddyurappa, his sons and son-in-law in connection with the same case.
Their application for anticipatory bail is being heard by the state High Court.
Last month, the CBI registered the FIR against Yeddyurappa and others and raided their residential and other premises as part of the probe ordered by the Supreme Court on recommendations of the Central Empowered Committee set up by it to look into illegal mining
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video