Yeddyurappa`s sons, son-in-law questioned by CBI
Bangalore: CBI on Saturday questioned former Karnataka chief minister B S Yeddyurappa`s two sons and son-in-law in connection with its probe into illegal mining.
"Yeddyurappa`s sons B Y Raghavendra, a sitting MP, B Y Vijendra and son-in-law R N Sohan Kumar were questioned by the CBI for well over three hours", CBI sources said.
The three arrived separately at different time slots allotted to them by CBI and were questioned separately. They however left together after the questioning was over, sources said.
The trio were asked more than 30 questions in connection with the Rs 20 crore donation, the Prerana Trust, run by Yeddyurappa`s family, allegedly received from a mining firm.
On June 13, the CBI court dismissed the anticipatory bail petitions filed by Yeddyurappa, his sons and son-in-law in connection with the same case.
Their application for anticipatory bail is being heard by the state High Court.
Last month, the CBI registered the FIR against Yeddyurappa and others and raided their residential and other premises as part of the probe ordered by the Supreme Court on recommendations of the Central Empowered Committee set up by it to look into illegal mining
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report