Yeddyurappa`s sons, son-in-law questioned by CBI
Bangalore: CBI on Saturday questioned former Karnataka chief minister B S Yeddyurappa`s two sons and son-in-law in connection with its probe into illegal mining.
"Yeddyurappa`s sons B Y Raghavendra, a sitting MP, B Y Vijendra and son-in-law R N Sohan Kumar were questioned by the CBI for well over three hours", CBI sources said.
The three arrived separately at different time slots allotted to them by CBI and were questioned separately. They however left together after the questioning was over, sources said.
The trio were asked more than 30 questions in connection with the Rs 20 crore donation, the Prerana Trust, run by Yeddyurappa`s family, allegedly received from a mining firm.
On June 13, the CBI court dismissed the anticipatory bail petitions filed by Yeddyurappa, his sons and son-in-law in connection with the same case.
Their application for anticipatory bail is being heard by the state High Court.
Last month, the CBI registered the FIR against Yeddyurappa and others and raided their residential and other premises as part of the probe ordered by the Supreme Court on recommendations of the Central Empowered Committee set up by it to look into illegal mining
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen