Yedyurappa should quit office, says Narayansamy
Puducherry: Senior Congress leader and
Minister of State for PMO V Narayanasamy on Sunday said Karnataka
Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa should resign from his post in
the wake of Lokayukta report on illegal mining indicting him.
"Yeddyurappa should own moral responsibility and quit
office", he told reporters here today.
Narayanasamy demanded that BJP, which had been crying
hoarse about corruption, should now come forward and act
He rubbished reports of intelligence failure in the Mumbai
blasts and said the fact was that government had taken steps
to defeat the machinations of forces attempting to threaten
"There was no intelligence failure. The fact is several
forces were attempting to create commotion and threat to the
nation`s security and the government had initiated steps to
defeat the machinations of the forces", he said.
He said the Puducherry administration should not delay
holding civic polls which was already due after the previous
elected bodies` tenure ended last week.
"If there are no elected civic bodies, Central government
funds under rural development, JNNURM and MNREGS would not be
available for Puducherry, he cautioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda