Yedyurappa should quit office, says Narayansamy
Puducherry: Senior Congress leader and
Minister of State for PMO V Narayanasamy on Sunday said Karnataka
Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa should resign from his post in
the wake of Lokayukta report on illegal mining indicting him.
"Yeddyurappa should own moral responsibility and quit
office", he told reporters here today.
Narayanasamy demanded that BJP, which had been crying
hoarse about corruption, should now come forward and act
He rubbished reports of intelligence failure in the Mumbai
blasts and said the fact was that government had taken steps
to defeat the machinations of forces attempting to threaten
"There was no intelligence failure. The fact is several
forces were attempting to create commotion and threat to the
nation`s security and the government had initiated steps to
defeat the machinations of the forces", he said.
He said the Puducherry administration should not delay
holding civic polls which was already due after the previous
elected bodies` tenure ended last week.
"If there are no elected civic bodies, Central government
funds under rural development, JNNURM and MNREGS would not be
available for Puducherry, he cautioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened