Yoga teacher in judicial custody for killing girlfriend
Bangalore: The yoga teacher, who allegedly
murdered his former Israeli girlfriend and hid her body in a
refrigerator for nearly three weeks at his residence, was
remanded to 15 days judicial custody.
Lokesh Chandra Das was produced before the Chief
Judicial Magistrate here last night.
Das had confessed to murdering Tamar Farha Abraham
(28) on April 15 and stashing away her body in a large
refrigerator at his apartment in Gubbalala.
Giving himself up before Police Commissioner J Prakash
Mirji on Wednesday, Das in his statement said he fatally hit
Tamar with a hard plastic pipe on her head following a
The woman`s body has been recovered from the
Das said he and Tamar were in a relationship since
they met at a yoga camp in Rishikesh in 2007. However, he
decided to end it and informed Tamar on March 31 last.
Upset over his indifference, Tamar came to Lokesh`s
residence on April 15 and soon a quarrel broke out between
them. She assaulted Das`s wife, who had recently delivered a
baby, when she intervened, police said.
An enraged Das fatally hit Tamar on the head with a
pipe. He also strangulated Tamar to make sure she was dead.
Das told police he purchased a large refrigerator and
stuffed her body inside it so that it would not decompose and
emanate foul smell after giving up the idea of cutting it into
pieces and throwing it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?