Yogeeshar resigns from Assembly membership
Madikeri (Karna): Former Karnataka minister CP Yogeeshwar, who resigned from the Jagadish Shettar cabinet, today submitted his resignation from the Assembly membership.
Yogeeshwar handed over his resignation letter to Assembly Speaker K G Bopaiah at his office here.
However, Yogeeshwar, had to face the ire of BJP workers, who protested against his resignation and he was escorted out of the town by police, sources said.
Yogeeshwar, who defected to BJP from Congress, is expected to return to his parent party.
Rajugowda, the Small Scale Industries Minister, who also resigned from the ministry along wth Yogeeshwar yesterday, however, did not resign his assembly membership.
Bopaiah is yet to decide on the resignation letter of Yogeeshwar who represents Chennapatna assembly constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre