Yogeeshar resigns from Assembly membership
Madikeri (Karna): Former Karnataka minister CP Yogeeshwar, who resigned from the Jagadish Shettar cabinet, today submitted his resignation from the Assembly membership.
Yogeeshwar handed over his resignation letter to Assembly Speaker K G Bopaiah at his office here.
However, Yogeeshwar, had to face the ire of BJP workers, who protested against his resignation and he was escorted out of the town by police, sources said.
Yogeeshwar, who defected to BJP from Congress, is expected to return to his parent party.
Rajugowda, the Small Scale Industries Minister, who also resigned from the ministry along wth Yogeeshwar yesterday, however, did not resign his assembly membership.
Bopaiah is yet to decide on the resignation letter of Yogeeshwar who represents Chennapatna assembly constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'