Youth held for making fake Facebook profile of woman
Hyderabad: The Cyberabad Police have arrested a youth from Bangalore on the charge of creating fake profile of a city-based woman on Facebook and threatening her for rejecting his love proposal.
N Santosh Kumar alias Kiran, working in a private company in Bangalore and a native of Pavagada in Tumkur district of Karnataka, was apprehended by Cyber Crime Police wing of Cyberabad Police yesterday, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crimes) Janaki Sharmila said today.
A complaint was lodged with the Cyber Crime Police on August 23 stating that the accused Santosh Kumar, besides creating the fake profile of the woman and uploading her photographs on Facebook, was chatting in her name with others.
He also made calls and sent messages to the victim and her family members threatening them with dire consequences for rejecting his love proposal, the police officer said.
Santosh and the victim had met in Bangalore while pursuing a computer course and had proposed to her later, the police officer said.
"The accused harassed the woman in the name of love. He even threatened her and her family members with dire consequences saying they should not look for other matches for her," the Additional DCP said quoting the complaint lodged by the victim`s brother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened